May 22, 2018
Letting Christ Shine Through!
May 22, 2018
Practice! Practice! Practice! The theory is that ten-thousand hours of practice takes one to a level of perfection. If a person practiced one hour a day, ten-thousand hours would be twenty-seven years and five months. After that 10,000 hours of practice, one continues practicing to maintain that level of excellence. Elite musicians, singers, world-class athletes, and artists agree with this. Even people with innate talent say that practice is very important, especially practicing the basics such as musical scales, and muscle stretches.
The boy listened very closely to his Sunday School teacher, who told the class, that God was bigger than anything. When he got home, he asked his mom about this. She agreed that God was bigger than anything. She also told him that God lived within each of us.
He thought a while and then asked, “If God is bigger than all of us, wouldn’t God be showing through?”
May we Practice! Practice! Practice! letting Christ’s shine in and through us leading us to perfection.
QUESTIONS FOR THE FIELD
- In what situations do I need the Holy Spirit’s guidance today?
- How might I let the Holy Spirit guide me today?
- So for today’s Practice! Practice! Practice! how might I let the Holy Spirit shine through me?
FAMILY FIELD TALK
- What skills have you improved as a result of practice?
- How might you practice being Jesus to each other guided by the Holy Spirit?
Most loving gracious Lord, we need your help in practicing our faith under your guidance. Help us to live with you such that, today, you can shine through us. In your gracious name, I pray. Amen.