December 24, 2018
The Waiting Womb
December 24, 2018
Please remember that our Christmas Eve worship times today are:
12 noon (Contemporary), 2, 4, 6, 8 & 11 p.m. (Traditional)
One of the cruelest words in any language is WAIT!
Wait until mealtime. Wait until you are older. Wait until your father gets home. Wait until next season. Wait until you are a graduate. Wait until you are married. Wait until you retire. Wait until the nine-months are up. Wait until you have more experience. Wait for your raise. Wait until Christmas.
A mother’s womb is the place God creates and forms a new life. Like Elizabeth and Mary, while waiting for the birth of John the Baptist and Jesus, a mother’s entire body provides everything through the womb the child needs prior to the time of birth.
God is in the waiting womb of a mother preparing a baby for birth, a school preparing a student for graduation, the preparation of two people for marriage, and the preparation for retirement, and in Advent preparing one for a Christmas celebration.
God is still in the waiting womb helping some of us come to Christ, others to accept Christ, and others of us to grow in Christ. God is waiting with us tonight preparing us for our celebration of Jesus’ birth.
Watch this awesome video about waiting on Christmas Eve: The Real Night Before Christmas!
QUESTIONS FROM THE FIELD
- What are some things for which you had to wait in which the waiting seemed to take forever?
- Looking back, how was God preparing you for the moment for which you were waiting?
- What is something for which you are waiting now?
- How might God be helping you through this waiting period?
FAMILY FIELD TALK
- How does it feel for the children to wait for Christmas day?
- How did it feel for the parents to wait for Christmas when they were children?
- How does it feel now for the parents to wait for Christmas?
- Answer also the above Questions for the Field.
Lord, Jesus Christ, sometimes it is hard to patiently wait for something to happen. You know what it is I am waiting for right now. Looking back, I know you were with me in my waiting. I know you are in my waiting right now. Please help me to be aware of your presence and to trust your guidance during this waiting period. May all of us experience your presence throughout today and tonight. In your gracious name, I pray. Amen.
Here are links to other fun videos about Christmas for you to enjoy today and tonight after reading through the questions and prayer: A Social Network Christmas / Santa and Jesus (scroll down and you’ll find five videos)