October 7, 2019
Make a Joyful Noise
October 10, 2019
This week so far:
- I went to the gym and cried out in pain.
- The line at the grocery store was forever long and I grumbled to myself.
- My wife told me her family was coming in and I rolled my eyes (this may sound like a non-verbal, but my wife assures me that my eyes rolls speak volumes).
- Someone cut me off in traffic and I swore.
- Someone asked me how my day was going and I lied (I said I was fine, I was not fine).
- I opened my email and sighed.
- I used what could have been a nice lunch with a friend as an opportunity to complain about life.
But time and time and time again, what scripture encourages all of us to do, is to join in with the rest of creation and to use our time and our words and our energies to make a joyful noise and to sing glories and to worship and to praise our God and God’s awesome deeds.
QUESTION FOR THE FIELD
- Outside of a church service, does making a joyful noise to God come easy or hard for you?
- Why do you think that is?
FAMILY FIELD TALK
- Do you have a favorite worship song/hymn?
- Why do you like that one so much?