October 29, 7-8 p.m.
Gather your ingredients and I will guide you through making your own dough, then show you how to form your loaf, and finally to bake your loaf with a crispy crust and soft delicious crumb. Once you learn this master recipe the door is open to buttermilk sandwich, rye, sourdough, raisin cinnamon bread and So much more!
- 1 Tablespoon Yeast
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 3 cups Water, lukewarm
- 6 ½ cups Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Measuring cup set
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring spoons set
- Wooden spoon
- Baking stone (cast iron skillet or heavy metal baking sheet can work)
- Parchment paper (or cornmeal)
- Wooden cutting board (or cookie sheet)
- Broiler pan bottom tray
- Sharp knife
- Cooling rack
About the Teacher:
Fran Gary has been baking all sorts of good things to eat since the age of 8. When she discovered the no-knead artisan bread method 10 years ago, she thought, “I can make that!” And she did. She believes you can too.
Go back to Community Creative Week