October 31, 10-11:30 a.m.
They’re delicate, they’re decadent, they’re delicious. Learn how to make these colorful confections that will transport you to Paris in a single bite. Following the traditional French method, you’ll leave the class with treats that will taste as good as they look on your Instagram.
- mixer with whisk and paddle attachments (stand or hand will work)
- large sheet pan
- parchment paper
- mixing bowls (3)
- piping bag
- silicone spatula
- (2) 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup finely-ground almond flour
- 2 Large egg whites (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon extract (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Yellow gel-based food coloring
About the Teacher:
Michele Crater is a born-again baker in Nashville. After binge-watching seasons of The Great British Baking Show, she decided to tackle one of the most difficult challenges in patisserie: macarons. Avid lover of her church, her 17-pound shih tzu, and French culture.
Go back to Community Creative Week